Fast and Furious. Those words may jolt all kinds of emotions in car enthusiasts. Disgust, fondness, excitement, embarrassment, desire… it’s certainly a movie franchise that splits opinions.
At speed-blur we’ll drive to the high ground though and claim that for all the tatty-replicas they spawned, the 20-speed gearboxes they invented and the car culture they twisted like only Hollywood can, there’s still something awesome about the movies. Nostalgia may play a big part of that though, as there were some great times back then when the first movie hit the cinemas.
But, when you find yourself watching the first movie on some obscure Sky channel late at nigh, and realise you’re actually enjoying the wooden acting, the special effects and have a sudden urge to type ‘Supra’ into eBay, then you can’t help to appreciate the impact they’ve had in car world. Beneath the bad graphics, there are often some decent cars lurking too.
So, with Fast and Furious 6 coming soon, it seems fitting to ask which is the best Japanese car from the series of movies?
1. Toyota Supra (The Fast and the Furious)
2. Toyota Supra (2Fast, 2Furious)
3. Honda Civic (The Fast and the Furious)
4. Mazda RX-7 (The Fast and the Furious)
5. Mazda RX-7 Fortune (Tokyo Drift)
6. Honda S2000 (The Fast and the Furious)
7. Honda S2000 (2 Fast, 2 Furious)
8. Nissan Skyline GT-R (2 Fast, 2 Furious)
9. Nissan Skyline GT-R (Fast and Furious)
10. Nissan GT-R (Fast and Furious 6)
11. Nissan 350Z (Tokyo Drift)
12. Subaru Impreza STI (Fast Five)